click here >>>

Eligible staff please register here >>>

click here >>>

News
Wednesday, 08 September 2021

PhD candidate receives prestigious award

PhD candidate, Akeem Akinfenwa recently received a prestigious Young Innovative Chemist Award from the South African Chemical Institute (SACI). 

Students from the Cape Town Hotel School (CTHS) did CPUT proud by scooping four awards at the recent One&Only Reaching for Young Stars competition.

Accountancy student Julio 'Beast' Bianchi has made history by becoming the first South African to qualify for the FIFAe World Cup.

Thursday, 08 July 2021

CPUT hopefuls in Miss SA top 30

Two CPUT students are vying for the Miss SA crown – following in the footsteps of alumna Zozibini Tunzi who took the title in 2019 and went on to become Miss Universe.

“When getting a chance in wearing the CPUT jersey just remember the okes that played before you. It's all about the legacy you want to leave behind.”

Wednesday, 05 May 2021

Installation inspires unity

A thought-provoking installation created by first-year Architectural Technology and Interior Design students has inspired hope and unity while highlighting a range of social issues.

Yet another CPUT student has been nominated for the national City Awards for his contribution to the music industry.

Marketing student Bongani “Bongx” Lambrechts has been nominated for the Mixtape of the Year for his Days Before The Awakening mixtape released in 2020 on digital stores such as iTunes, Spotify, Amazon and YouTube.

Bongx says he was shocked by the nomination as he did not view his music project as a mixtape. Initially, he thought the news was a prank but later realised it was real. His rap mixtape has five songs.

He adds that he is very happy because, “using a bare minimum of equipment and recording in an empty kindergarten class” with his producer Litha “Mofubeatz” Phillips, he released a very good body of work that he could be proud of. “I did not realise this project would have so much impact on people, so I was really happy to receive this nomination.”

He adds that he is now convinced that people are taking note of the moves he is making and are appreciating the work he is putting out. “It is at times overwhelming because I only started releasing music professionally six months ago, so I appreciate the love and this is a stepping stone in the right direction for my career as a musician and I hope it opens doors for something much bigger.”

To vote for Bongx SMS “021 Bongx” to 35029 and SMSes cost R3 each. To listen to the mixtape, visit https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mfv0HFWdNY3KyJfQCoISlad6QWfq2DA4U

Another nominee for the same Awards is Operations Management student, Luzuko “Aefro” Fikile, who has been nominated for the Best Newcomer of the Year after releasing his contemporary rap single Winning.

To vote for Luzuko SMS “021 Aefro” to 35029. To listen to Aefro’s single, feel free visit https://soundcloud.com/user-62246152/aefro-winning?ref=clipboard&p=i&c=1

According to the City Awards website, the Awards were founded in 2017 when the first annual “035 Awards” were held in KwaZulu-Natal after the locals noticed the lack of appreciation for individuals in the music industry. After a favourable response and support from the locals, the company decided to branch out and do this for more cities.

Due to the Covid 19 pandemic the Awards broadcast will be broadcast live on 5 June 2021 at 18h00 on the City Awards website (www.cityawards.co.za/live). Voting lines close on 5 June at 15h00.

Page 1 of 27